GTL10 EDSV "Running Jump"
A variant design for an EDSV with more options.
Extended Duration Survey Vessels (EDSVs) are used by the scout service to perform covert surveillance of systems.
This can be for military intelligence or for preparation for first contact.
This surveillance often lasts for several months at a time.
EDSVs are therefore fitted with:
- stealth technology to prevent detection
- reasonable armament in case they are detected
- a stateroom for every crew member
- extensive sensor facilities
- an optional stealth infiltration craft to enable a team to land covertly
- 300 Displacement Tons*, Streamlined, 400 point armor, heavy compartmentalization
- Basic Stealth & Basic Emission cloaking
- 3 Turrets (810 MJ Heavy Laser, four 250 MJ Standard Lasers, missile launcher,
- Small Hardened Command Bridge (four seats only)
- Engineering, Grav compensators, 2 G Manouver Drive
- 2 Parsec rated Jump Drive with 4 Parsec fuel tanks & fuel processor
- 6 Staterooms, Laboratory, Sickbay, 8 cryo-tubes (low berths)
- Small Logistics Module (workshop & spares)
- Probe Module (containing 20 probes)
- Survey Module (for performing planetary and system surveys)
- Vehicle Bay carrying 1.5 DT Grav Van.
- Vehicle Bay carrying 5DT Exploration Shuttle
- 10DT Cargo bay with spacedock door (capable of housing the shuttle for
- Base transponder code (programmable): IFF=300.1002.1040.1026 "Running
* Note one displacement ton (of liquid hydrogen) is approximately 500 cubic
feet or an 8 foot cube.
Statistics: Emass 1003, LMass 1027, Cost MCr 109, HP 30000, Hull Size Modifier:+9
Performance: Accel 1.9 Gs (2.0 Gs empty, 2.2 Gs unfueled), Jump 2, Air Speed
Maintenance requirements 50 man hrs per operational day.
Routine Maintenance provided by two Tinkerbot Engineering Robots.
Typical Small Craft
5 DT extended duration "Lifeboat". Actually a highly stealthed
spacecraft capable of supporting a small team indefinitely in cramped conditions.
(4 G drive, life support, 2 bunks, 2-6 seats, storage space).
1.5 DT Enclosed Grav Sled (8 seats & cargo space).
2 grav bikes (carries 1 or 2 riders)
- Turret 1: two 250 Mj Standard Lasers & Sand-caster
- Turret 2: two 250 Mj Standard Lasers & Missile Launcher
- Turret 3: 810 MJ Heavy Laser (long range, heavy damage)
- 50 Space Interceptor Missiles (3cf, 9G for 1 hour)
- 52 Dual-role space & atmosphere missiles (6cf, 6G for 1 hour)
- 200 Sand canisters
- Missiles do 6d*100(5)*relative velocity (a single hit will usually kill
- Standard Lasers do 5dx50(2) damage at up to 20000 miles, halved up to
- Heavy Lasers do 6dx75(2) damage at up to 30000 miles, halved up to 90000
- Lasers also protect against incoming missiles (known as point defence
- Sand-casters fire a cloud of prismatic "sand" to reduce the
effectiveness of incoming laser fire.
|Astrogation ||To plot a Jump |
|Datalink ||Systems interconnect |
|Damage Control ||+2 to ship repair |
|Auto-pilot ||Skill 12 |
|User Interface ||Including range of computer personalities |
|Library Data ||Database of known space & analytical engine |
|Anti-Hijack ||Linked to ship-wide cameras & doors |
|Auto-gunner ||Skill 15 |
|Targeting ||Enhances human gunner skill by 8 |
Comms & Sensors
||Range in miles