GURPS Traveller: Interstellar Wars ® covers the 200 years of war, peace, and overwhelming change
as the ancient Vilani Imperium falls to the upstart Terrans. In this time of conflict, the opportunities
for adventure are more exciting than ever before! Forge new trade routes within the Imperium itself.
Defend the homeworld from invaders during the Siege of Terra. Make first contact with alien races.
Help guide the Terran Confederation in its expansion from a single planet to a sector-spanning empire.
These pages are an unofficial resource for the Traveller Interstellar Wars game. Its aim
is to provide GMs and players with utilities, ships, robots, play aids and related items
that a typical GM or PC might use or encounter. Herein you will find:
- Play Aids: (these only work with SVG standards supporting browsers such as Firefox or Chrome)
- Spaceships and Starships - From spy shuttles to traders to small military ships.
- Useful Links to Interstellar Wars and general Traveller resources.
Ships - from spy shuttles to traders to small military ships.
Design Notes - how, why & what
How pokey is my stateroom? - thoughts on how big (or small) a stateroom actually is
Early Terran Ships
Pre-contact and early setting craft as the Terrans attempted to match Imperial technology. Typically found up to the time of the first Interstellar War, though civilian examples of these ships could be found much later, often retrofitted with newer technology.
Standard Terran Ships
Found throughout most of the Interstellar Wars period, typically from the second to eighth Interstellar War.
- Shard-class stealth Shuttle "Sliver" - a tiny stealth insertion shuttle and base of operations.
- Frontier-class Survey Scout "Francis Drake" - found exploring new systems beyond the frontiers of both the Terran and Imperial sphere of influence. Taking the lessons from the much larger Zheng-He to heart this more durable and practical design emerged.
- Bearer-class SDB jump-tender "Tensing" - found throughout Terran occupied systems and beyond transporting SDBs to hotspots. They are sometimes seen travelling to or from a jump point with or without a carried SDB.
Found throughout the setting period.
Late Terran Ships
The technology that defeated the First Imperium. Military vessels appeared after the eighth Interstellar War and civilian vessels after the ninth. After the success of the Indomitable, designs making use of the new technology sprang up all over Terran space, but particularly at the Nusku shipyards.
- Shard-2-class stealth Shuttle "Whisper" - a tiny stealth insertion shuttle and base of operations. Updated with the latest technology.
- Bulldog-class Heavy Fighter "Gripper" - rubbing the Imperial's noses in it with a fighter that can take down a Patrol Cruiser all by itself and give an Imperial Escort a run for its money.
- X-class Express Scout Courier "X101" - a fast long range Express Scout Courier - for intelligence that is a step ahead of the Imperiums and for carrying messages to govern the Terran's ever expanding sphere of influence.
- Salute-class Survey Scout "High Five" - building on the success of the Frontier-class this jump-3 survey scout led the great expansion and the exploration of new frontiers.
- Joshi-class System Defence Boat "Chandrasekhar" - taking the succesful SDB concept and updating it with the latest technology.
- Coming Soon - long range Dreadnought - the ship that came after the Imdomitable as the Terrans strengthen their grip and try to unite the shattered Imperium - a fusion of Imperial and Terran designs, methods and technologies
Gurps Traveller ® Interstellar Wars page The official SJ Games page
The Journal of the Traveller's aid Society A bi-weekly online dedicated Traveller magazine.
My Gurps Traveller pages A resource for the original Gurps 3rd Edition Traveller.
The Traveller game in all forms is owned by Far Future Enterprises. Copyright
1977 - 1998 Far Future Enterprises. Traveller is a registered trademark of Far
Future Enterprises. Far Future permits web sites and fanzines for this game,
provided it contains this notice, that Far Future is notified, and subject to a
withdrawal of permission on 90 days notice. The contents of this site are for
personal, non-commercial use only. Any use of Far Future Enterprises's
copyrighted material or trademarks anywhere on this web site and its files should
not be viewed as a challenge to those copyrights or trademarks. In addition, any
program/articles/file on this site cannot be republished or distributed without
the consent of the author who contributed it.
All other text copyright © John B Stone - Credited playtester: Interstellar Wars
Suggestions for what you would like to see here? E-mail me
- Top of Page -